There are always ladders in most homes. They are extremely useful and if we do not have one we always look for the neighbor to borrow it. Now, well, there are certain boxes that we must take into account for their use, as much as they seem harmless they can be very dangerous.
- Before using ladders you should make sure that they are resistant and safe. It is very important, also to verify the maximum weight for which they are prepared to resist.
- Extendable ladders must have secure hooks on each leg so they don\’t roll back when you start to climb.
In the case of stairs that are quite high, you should avoid standing on the last two or three steps so that the stairs do not open and you are not exposed to a lack of balance due to dizziness. For this, you must be careful to use a ladder whose height exceeds the level you want to reach.
- On the other hand, you should always keep in mind not to place the ladder parallel to the wall, but in front of it. In this way, you will work more comfortable and you will not have to turn your body to work or lean dangerously to the sides.
- If you are going to repair a large wall surface, it is advisable to use a platform or scaffolding, which you can quickly assemble by placing a plank between the steps of two stairs. If there is a difference between the two stairs, you must add supports under the end of the plank that is lower.
- If you have to work outdoors and therefore you must support the ladder on a dirt floor, you should place a board under it so that it does not sink into the wet ground.
- Keep in mind that you should always wear comfortable rubber shoes to work on the ladder, this material is the one that best adheres.